Saturday, September 15, 2007

lunch boxes as art



I just had a friend drop off her daughter for a playdate and she told me about the coolest thing. It's called bento art and and it's a way that Japanese moms get their kids to eat their lunches. Here's the link in case the blogspot add a link procedure didn't work. Pretty intense to work that hard on a box lunch. Here are two shots of the kidlings. Audrey on the right at her first soccer practice, and Jack on the left with a dirty face and happy about it too! Tonight we are going out to see our friend Neona's daughter Beverly perform in a dance piece. It's late, at 10:30, so we'll see how Rob and I both hold up. Bev is going to be the Tiny Dancer in a piece using Elton John music - she'll be in a crazy Elton-style outfit and held above the heads of the dancers. Should be pretty awesome.
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/kasumin_yorosiku

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

I saw the article in the paper about the lunch box art moms. Wacky! Sorry for the poor moms that have no talent with making rice paper giraffes or elephants with eel eyeballs.
I thought it was a tad odd, (okay a bit more than a tad, how about a smidge?)